An optometrist in Porter Square Cambridge is a healthcare expert who has the necessary license when it comes to the diagnosis, detecting as well when it comes to the providing of treatment for disorders and diseases that may be related to your eye or which may be affecting your visual system. An optometrist in Porter Square Cambridge is also able to work in clinics, hospitals, teaching institutions, the ophthalmic industry and may even be able to work on different research projects. However, eye specialists tend to offer their services more to hospitals, clinical practice as well as public health sectors.
What is the role of an eye optometrist in Porter Square Cambridge
When you talk about their roles in clinical terms, these are experts who are able to provide different solutions to patients who may be suffering from a number of eye disorders. When you go to see an optometrist in Porter Square Cambridge, the first thing that is going to happen is that you may have to undergo a series of tests and examinations. This is where the specialist is going to start taking essential details like your entire medical history, and they may also want to find out if you have ever suffered from any eye problem or disorder in the past. During this process, your eye are going to be thoroughly checked so as to see if any refractive errors may not have been recognized. Your eyesight is also going to be tested by carrying out what is known as a visual acuity test. If the optometrists in Porter Square sees fit, then you may end up been prescribed with either contact lenses or square spectacles.
This is mainly done with the main aim of ensuring that you are able to attain eye care at all times.
The role of an optometrists in Porter Square Cambridge in a clinical setting
An optometrists in Porter Square Cambridge who works in a clinic has the main aim of ensuring that they are able to provide solutions to different patients who may also be having different eye problems. The same thing is going to happen here since the optometrists is still going to take your medical history and will also ask if you have suffered from a similar eye related issue before. Not only do they just perform the visual testing, but they are also going to do a number of things which include:
- Prescribing the necessary drugs that a patient may make use of for treatment. Your optometrists in Porter Square Cambridge is going to be in a better position when it comes to determining the right kind of drug that should be prescribed to a given patient.
- Observing is there is any eye disease. The optometrists is also going to look as well as detect if any eye diseases may be affecting the eyes like macular degeneration, glaucoma or any other illness that may be affecting the normal functioning of your eye.
- Doing what is known as independent prescribing. An optometrists in Porter Square Cambridge may also be able to prescribe patients with licensed eye drugs except injections.
The role of optometrists in Porter Square Cambridge in a hospital setting
The duties that an optometrists has when working in a hospital are wide considering how much they are able to do so that they can be able to help out all their patients. Optometrists in Porter Square Cambridge who are working in hospitals tend to also provide outpatient care to their patients. Below are some of the things that they do in this regard.
- When it comes to the care of binocular care, an Optometrists is able to offer a kind of personalized treatment which is given as a kind of therapy to their patients. These are especially so when it comes to those patients who may be suffering to what is known as binocular abnormalities. This is something that is considered to be a requirement especially for students in the field.
- When it comes to the low care area, what happens is that an eye doctors is going to have to deal with patients who suffer from what is known as irreversible eyesight. Once you visit such an eye doctors in Porter Square Cambridge, the next thing that is going to happen will be too low vision medication and treatment so that the recovery process can be enhanced altogether. They also go a step further and educate their patients about the importance of having exercises that mostly focus on your eye vision.
- Reviewing and also the counseling of patients. An eye doctors in Porter Square Cambridge who works in a hospital setting is also going to provide the right kind of counseling especially to those patients who may be going through cataract recovery. What happens is that the previous records of the patient are going to be reviewed so that the Optometrist can be able to have an idea of what he or she is working on.
An optometrist in Porter Square Cambridge service to the society
An optometrist in Porter Square Cambridge also plays a vital role in the society especially when it comes to the different social welfare programs that have been able to come up. They are also able to participate in different awareness programs with the main aim of trying to ensure everyone is able to have an idea of what is going on and how important it is to take good care of your eye regardless of whether you are their patient or not. There is also going to be a team which is going to take the time to visit different colleges, schools as well as occupational areas so that they can be able to make sure they provide all the care that both employees and students in these areas may actually need. Once they are there, they tend to do a number of things like the prescribing of glasses, eye medications as well as provide examination camps whereby people can square away getting the right kind of treatment.